- 1 hour ago
on a different not can we all please stop acting like all ravenclaws are academic smart? i want to see ravenclaws who are shit at school but can make recipes and paint amazingly and compose masterpieces please stop pretending smartness is academicravenclaws that get really pissed off about having to answer riddles in order to get home because they hate riddles
(via kiyuukins)Source: oedipus-rex
- 1 hour ago
- 2 hours ago
- 4 hours ago
- 5 hours ago
sci-fi episodes i want:
- ship’s computer crashes due to virus acquired during a porn download from a lower decks ensign
- firmware update was pushed out to the fleet, has vital error in the clock program that causes every computer to repeat 2300. translators have to explain to the enemy why everyone is an hour late to peace talks.
- unintelligble message is sent out into the void because someone’s pet cat walked across their keyboard. message is interpreted as a marriage proposal.
- universal translators break, everyone is reduced to hand gestures
- viewscreen has dead pixels in the upper left corner, drives the captain a bit bonkers
- space gps tells us to take a right where we should take a left. plucky recent academy grad on the graveyard shift realizes that this would take us into the sun and makes the course correction. ship’s computer advises her for two hours to make a u-turn when it is safe to do so
(via slipstreamborne)Source: armalis
- 6 hours ago
- 7 hours ago
- 8 hours ago
The hijab is not the most important part of being a Muslim woman, but it is certainly the most visible. In a time when Islamophobia only seems to be on the rise in the West, a practice that is so personal and diverse has become a warped and misunderstood part of a flat and monolithic picture of Muslim women.
(via wannabebibliothekarin)Source: micdotcom
- 9 hours ago
The automatic criminalization of black and brown bodies
Now hold on a sec I do INDEED have a problem with one picture but not the other.
In the TOP picture you can clearly see two hunting rifles and a mid-sized handgun, which are perfectly reasonable guns for a family to have, and it appears that all three people in the picture are legally old enough to at least have gone to a hunters safety course, which legally justifies the weapons being in their hands for certain purposes - hunting. Hand guns are carried by hunters to defend against bear attacks, should they happen, and by fishermen when fishing in lakes containing sturgeon … because the only way you’re killing a goddamned prehistoric dinosaur fish from hell is by shooting it (no joke).
Now the BOTTOM picture clearly contains only ONE child old enough to have gone through a hunters safety course … and not a single gun that is used for anything other than killing other human beings, and this I have a serious problem with. Guns that are intended ONLY for killing humans (the AR and AK series rifles, which are shown) with CHILDREN is a fucking problem.
Now, if they were hunting rifles in the bottom picture - you know, guns that are meant solely for the procurement of food - then I wouldn’t have an issue outside of the questionable ages of the children shown.
Really huge red flag on the bottom pic is the fact two of the kids clearly have their fingers ON THE TRIGGERS.
Its called trigger discipline. I’ve never been to any gun safety classes and I know that much.
(via wannabebibliothekarin)Source: newwavefeminism